Customize your private Jeep tour or choose from the popular destinations below. You can also let your guide find the best spots for you. Book online now, or give us a call if you have questions!
Yankee Boy Basin BONUS!
Great for Families!
- Per Guest (tax added at checkout)
Yankee Boy Basin Group Tour
The tour that started it all! This classic route departs from Ouray and quickly provides breathtaking scenery as you wind your way up Canyon Creek. After exiting this stunning canyon, historic mine sites come into view such as Campbird Mine, Revenue Virginius Mine, and The Atlas Mine & Mill. The tour continues on and a scheduled stop is included for a short on-foot excursion to either the upper or lower Twin Falls – a highlight for most. This is the famous area for wildflowers, so have that camera ready!
The BONUS portion of this tour is either a visit to Upper Yankee Boy Basin, Governor Basin, or portions of Lower Imogene Pass. Wildflowers are abundant in mid-July, however, the breathtaking scenery is spectacular throughout the entire touring season. Views of Mt. Sneffles, Potosi Peak, Stony Mountain and other prominent high-elevation landmarks can be spotted along this route. ALL of our group tours include:
- Restroom Stops
- Opportunities to exit the truck for photos, on-foot excursions, or just to stretch the legs
- Individual Bucket Seating
- Seat Belts
- Booster Seats / Car Seats are available for children of ALL ages
- Step Stools or Steps for easy entry/exit into truck
- Awning/Rain Flies
- Wind Screens
- PA Systems
- Personal Blanket for use during tour
- First Aid Kit
- Rain Ponchos
- Well behaved lap dogs may ride for free
Although this group tour DOES have a destination, every trip to Yankee Boy Basin is uniquely different (based on weather, number of stops, length of stops, and BONUS route). Our guides are the experts in finding the best scenery on the day of each tour and love to share hidden gems.
- Tour length: 4 hours
- PLEASE NOTE: Some higher roads can be snowed in until July but we will always have a bonus route in addition to seeing Yankee Boy Basin. Early season destinations include the rough and tumble “Amphitheater” or the panoramic Cutler Creek Trail.